Before You Arrive
At Auburn Montgomery,
you'll find your passion.
WELCOME TO AUBURN UNIVERSITY AT MONTGOMERY!
Soon you’ll be on the exciting campus in Montgomery, Alabama. Before you arrive, complete the steps below to avoid common issues or delays for international students.
CONTACT YOUR ADVISOR.
We have a team of dedicated personal advisors whose job it is to make sure all your questions are answered and to ensure you have a smooth transition to the university.
Before you start on any of the steps below, contact your local personal advisor. Simply select your region of the world below, and send your advisor an email, Skype, WhatsApp or WeChat message. We look forward to meeting you very soon!
Middle East/North Africa
Russia/Central Asia/Eastern Europe
UK and Western Europe
Abbie (North Asia excluding Korea)
Erik (North China)
Doris (South China)
Saranya (Excluding Vietnam)
Viraja (South & West India)
Annie (South China)
Jane (West China)
Lisha (North China)
Mark (Central China)
Vicky (North China)
Complete your Pre-Arrival Checklist.
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your Visa Application.
- Pay your I-901 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive, and the documentation you need to take with you.
- Notify your enrollment advisor of the date and embassy of your visa appointment.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
When purchasing your ticket, plan to arrive on or before your scheduled move-in day.
We are so excited for you to join us on campus! To ensure a smooth transition to your new home, plan to arrive on or before your official move-in day. Please note that airport transfer is only available at Montgomery Regional Airport (MGM). These important details will help the campus team prepare for your arrival and make your big day go as smoothly as possible. Students living off-campus must provide their own transportation.
For all application and payment deadlines as well as move-in and program start dates, please visit the Important Dates page.
We are looking forward to meeting you in person!
Making your payment in full two weeks before you arrive will help avoid delays with enrollment.
Choose between two ways to submit payment for tuition and fees:
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit AUM’s flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you cannot use a U.S. credit card or U.S. bank account.
- Wire transfer: Find the wire transfer information on your offer letter. When making the transaction, be sure to include the student’s name and birthday.