Welcome to Auburn University At Montgomery!
Soon you’ll be on campus in Montgomery, Alabama. Before you arrive, complete the steps below to avoid common issues or delays for international students.
We have a team of dedicated personal advisors to answer all your questions and ensure you have a smooth transition to the university.
Before you get started, contact your local personal advisor. Simply select your region of the world below, and send your advisor an email, Skype, WhatsApp, or WeChat message. We look forward to meeting you very soon!
Russia / Central Asia / Eastern Europe
UK and Western Europe
After you receive the electronic copy of your I-20, complete the following steps before booking your visa appointment:
- Schedule a free visa information and preparation session with your personal Enrollment Advisor.
- Check that the details on your I-20 are correct (including your date of birth) and make sure your name is the same as it appears on your passport.
- Prepare the documents you will need to take to the embassy when attending your visa interview.
After you complete the above steps, you should apply for your visa as soon as possible. It requires an interview with the U.S. Embassy and can sometimes take several weeks to schedule.
- Complete your Visa Application.
- Pay your I-901 (SEVIS) fee.
- Visit usembassy.gov to learn more about scheduling your visa appointment, what to expect when you arrive, and required documentation.
- Notify your Enrollment Advisor of the date and embassy of your visa appointment.
- Watch these videos to help you apply for your visa and prepare for your interview:
Making your payment in full at least two weeks before you arrive will avoid delays with enrollment. Choose between two ways to submit your tuition and fees payment:
- Flywire by Peer Transfer: Please visit AUM’s flywire portal to complete the transfer process. Please note that you cannot use a U.S. credit card or U.S. bank account.
- Wire transfer: Find the wire transfer information on your offer letter. When making the transaction, be sure to include the student’s name and birthday.
- Paysimple Options (US payments only): Please visit AUM Credit Card or AUM ACH to make your payment from a US account.
We are so excited for you to join us on campus! To ensure a smooth transition to your new home, plan to arrive on or before your official move-in day. Please note that airport transfer is only available at Montgomery Regional Airport (MGM). Sharing your travel details will help the campus team prepare for your arrival and make your big day go as smoothly as possible. Students living off campus must provide their own transportation.
For all application and payment deadlines as well as move-in and program start dates, please visit the Important Dates page.
We are looking forward to meeting you in person!
We’ve partnered with campusSIMS to help connect you with mobile phone service. Get your US. phone number in your home country and have service that’s ready to use as soon as you land. Click here to get your free SIM card.
campusSIMS helps international students get connected with mobile phone service in the US. Through campusSIMS’ exclusive partner Mint Mobile, students can sign up and get their US phone number while in their home country, and have mobile phone service ready to use as soon as they land.
Students can get low-cost, reliable mobile phone service starting at as low as $15 per month that includes:
– A free SIM card
– Unlimited talk and text
– High speed data
– Nationwide coverage on the fastest, most advanced network
For more information, visit campussims.com.